Low and compact flail pruning choppers
These very low and compact flail pruning choppers are designed to chop grass and prunings, in among others, orchards and vineyards up to 8 cm (31/4 “) diameter.
Optimized cutting width
The main characteristics of the BG2/BK2 flail prunings choppers result in optimum utilization of the cutting width:
– standard manual parallelogram-type offset system
– flail rotor bearings inside the frame
– low profile (height of the V-belt cover is only 51 cm (20”))
Heavy duty drive
A gearbox with spiral toothed gears and v-belts with a springloaded automatic belt tensioner assure an indirect flexible drive with maximum security and a minimum maintenance.
Unique bearing covers
To protect the bearings of the rear rollers, the bearings are fitted with unique covers to prevent humidity, dust and mud from entering.
Special “Perfect” flails
The 2,2 kg (5 lbs) heavy-duty “Perfect” flails are especially designed for pulverizing prunings. They are fitted to the electronically balanced vibration-free flail rotor with heavy bolts and replaceable steel bushings and provide an excellent pulverization. No further work is necessary to collect or remove the cut material.
Optional flails of 0,8 kg (13/4 lbs) are available for grass cutting and light chopping work (vineyard prunings, leaves etc.).
Rake tines (series BK2)
For a better pick-up and pulverization of thin prunings or prunings that are laying flat, our flail choppers Series BK2 are delivered with rake tines which are adjustable in height.
- BK2-150 Cutting width 150 cm (4’11”)
Min. 40 HP
- Tractor 3-pt. linkage cat. I + II
- PTO speed 540 rpm
- Walterscheid PTO shaft
- Drive through 3 V-belts with automatic spring loaded tensioner
- Low construction; max. height over the entire width 51½ cm (20″)
- Flail rotor bearings mounted in the inside to limit the overall width
- Mechanically parallelogram-type offset system
- Rear roller with conical ends and special covers over the bearings
- 2,2 kg (5 lbs) special flails or 0,8 kg (1¾ lbs) grass flails (option)
- Flails mounted to the twofold electronically balanced vibration-free flail rotor with heavy 20 mm bolts and replaceable steel bushes
- Rear rake tines (model BK2)